This is an exciting time to join our Edinburgh Office and contribute to the day to day running of our DevOps team, which provides global support to sensewhere’s regional teams, customers and partners.
Duties of Role:
- Ensure 24×7 availability of service offerings
- Work with regional operations teams to optimize deployments, lead new project deployments, and provide ongoing operational support
- Assist in the delivery and resolution of complex problems / escalations to ensure customer satisfaction is achieved and the problem is resolved in timely manner.
- Develop, support, and document automated build and configuration processes and procedures with the management and optimisation of the Continuous Integration and Deployment Servers
- Develop automation and orchestration systems which allows sensewhere to deliver and support multiple customer deployments and to scale operations through the development of continuous deployment releases, with automated deployment processes
- Provide Database management, optimisation, and tuning
- Dimension the system and specify the required TCP/IP network infrastructure requirements to ensure the delivery of highly resilient, low latency, and high performance applications
- Design, implement, and test security, failover and disaster recovery procedures
- Work collaboratively with the R&D team in a Kanban Agile development environment
- Implementing and managing continuous delivery systems and methodologies for Cloud Server Technologies
- Understanding, implementing, and automating security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Defining and deploying monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on Cloud Technologies
- Implementing systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the Cloud Technologies platform
- Design, manage and maintain tools to automate operational processes
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
- Experience in delivering, managing and supporting cloud-based computing platforms, particularly AWS.
- Linux/Unix operating system support for large-scale mission-critical environments
- Understanding of security in relation to server, applications, data and databases
- Experience with the installation, support, and performance tuning of MySQL and/or PostGres
- Experience with orchestration and automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, and Salt
- Experience of integrating DevOps into a Continuous Integration and Deployment System
- Experience working with Application Lifecycle Management tools, with JIRA and JIRA Confluence an advantage
- Experience working with SVN and/or GIT, with BitBucket (GIT) an advantage
- Experience working with Jenkins and/or Bamboo, with Bamboo an advantage
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills of complex systems.
- Solid understanding of the TCP/IP network infrastructure and protocol stack including load balancing, advanced routing, and switching implementations
- Comprehensive understanding of Cloud technologies and included philosophies such as elasticity with vertical and horizontal scaling with an awareness of the core security concepts
- Strong knowledge of capacity planning and management
Experience in designing and implementing common/standardised computing platforms
Experience of a wide range of server hardware and virtualisation technologies e.g. HP, Cisco, Dell, VMware, Hyper-V and emerging technologies
Understanding of server performance management
Expertise in cloud application design and architecture
Understanding of ITIL framework and its processes and experience working within ITIL/DevOps aligned organization(s)
Applicants should be eligible to work in the UK. All recruitment plans and advertising plans have already been negotiated and are in motion – please, no agencies.