PLEASE, STRICTLY NO AGENCIES. All recruitment plans and advertising plans have already been negotiated and are motion.
We are currently looking for an experienced Computing Research Engineer to join our growing start-up team in the exciting positioning and navigation technology field with prospects of developing applications/services for some of the elite companies in the world.
Working as a key member of our location team you will be working in a dynamic and exciting field of research, and will be a key stakeholder in the design, development and maintenance of our data management and big data strategies.
This full-time role is based at our Edinburgh office. The selected candidate will be rewarded with competitive salary and other benefits.
Duties of Role:
- With access to data from mobile device sensors collected through crowd-sourcing, you will be working hands on with diverse range of statistical and machine learning algorithms, including unsupervised and semi-supervised clustering algorithms.
- Collaborate with our GIS engineers to utilise spatial data and improve the development of new positioning algorithms.
- You will work with multiple SQL and No-SQL databases including MySQL& MongoDB.
- Working closely with the server and development teams, you will help to implement new data science solutions into a production environment.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
- Experience with object-oriented design and programming in Java
- Strong background in distributed computing and data management concepts and technologies is a must.
- Knowledge about design patterns, UML, or other modelling language.
- Previous research experience with at least two of the following: deep learning, data mining, image processing, geospatial data analysis or related research topics.
- Problem solving, communication and team working skills are essential.
- Post graduate degree relates to applied research in data management or computer science.
- Ability to conduct performance analysis on large scale distributed systems.
- Proficiency with data structures and parallelisation algorithms.
- Strong mathematical/statistical skills.
Applicants should be eligible to work in the UK. All recruitment plans and advertising plans have already been negotiated and are motion – please, no agencies.